The Glade 4.0

"Turn the lights down, the party just got wilder."
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Your Fav Glade Quotes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:56 am 
Offline
Home of the Whopper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am
Posts: 6098
Got any?

I used a few as my signature...pity I couldn't keep track of them all.

Quote:
"That is awesome.... In the same way that it is awesome to sit on your own testicles. Or in the same way that catching flesh with a zipper when going commando is awesome." ~darksiege


Quote:
"God, I hope the FBI doesn't read this thread. They'll have us shut down in an instant. We're all psychos." ~Aethien


Quote:
"This is kinda fun. Will I drown, fry, or both? Who knows!" ~SuiNeko


Quote:
"Sometimes violence is the solution. Curious thing about humanity: it likes to forget that its composed of animals." ~Khross


Quote:
Taamar wrote:I have been hit by lightning. Twice.
Wwen wrote:What super power did this give you?
Foamy wrote:She can grow a beard...


Quote:
"Hey! You photocopied my life dude." ~darksiege


Quote:
"Tofu is great in moderation, but don't pretend it's meat. Enjoy it for what it is." ~Tamaar



*Edited Topic to be non-year specific*


Last edited by LadyKate on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 pm 
Offline
Grrr... Eat your oatmeal!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 5073
"**** you that's why" - Corolinth

_________________
Darksiege
Traveller, Calé, Whisperer
Lead me not into temptation; for I know a shortcut


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 am 
Offline
Irish Princess
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 am
Posts: 3679
Location: My Kingdom Come
It's a process, and not a switch, much like grieving. You lost something important--it takes time to find balance again ~Colphax

I would prefer pills. Exercise is too much like work. ~Arafys

Explosive diarrhea will never, ever be questioned by your employer. ~Lenas

_________________
Quote:
Do ever want to just grab someone and say...WTF is wrong with you?


Dream as if you'll live forever...
...Live as if you'll die tomorrow


Vivere Senza Rimpianti


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:15 pm 
Offline
Home of the Whopper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am
Posts: 6098
Kirra wrote:

Explosive diarrhea will never, ever be questioned by your employer. ~Lenas


Great one!!

_________________
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus of Nazareth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:46 pm 
Offline
Grrr... Eat your oatmeal!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 5073
I also find a great quote was:
"Micheal is wise" - almost everyone has said that at one time.

_________________
Darksiege
Traveller, Calé, Whisperer
Lead me not into temptation; for I know a shortcut


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 pm 
Offline
Home of the Whopper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am
Posts: 6098
darksiege wrote:
I also find a great quote was:
"Micheal is wise" - almost everyone has said that at one time.


Very true. I have a feeling that if we went through all of the incarnations of the glade and Micheal's advice and put it into a book, we'd make some money and the world would be a better place. :)

_________________
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus of Nazareth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:03 pm 
Offline
Web Ninja
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 8247
Location: The Tunt Mansion
Glad I made the list! Haha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 pm 
Offline
Bull Moose
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm
Posts: 7501
Location: Last Western Stop of the Pony Express
For that one Lenas?

I have to admit, it is one of the soundest sick day excuses I've come across. Although, I've only used it when it was true, or only a slight exaggeration. Most bosses don't want to mess with that, uhh, stuff.

_________________
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. B. Franklin

"A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone." -- Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 pm 
Offline
Web Ninja
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 8247
Location: The Tunt Mansion
Hey man, I've gone years being exempted from every one of Amdee's lists, it's nice to be on one, regardless of reason.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 pm 
Offline
Irish Princess
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 am
Posts: 3679
Location: My Kingdom Come
We should start a Twitter account... "Wise things Michael says!"

1st entry:
Be prepared for: "I've been so stupid - can you ever forgive me - will you take me back" ~Micheal

on my vm just now, should have hit delete.

_________________
Quote:
Do ever want to just grab someone and say...WTF is wrong with you?


Dream as if you'll live forever...
...Live as if you'll die tomorrow


Vivere Senza Rimpianti


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:27 am 
Offline
Irish Princess
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 am
Posts: 3679
Location: My Kingdom Come
2nd entry:

"however, I don't think Kirra is ready to let it go. A few reminders to let her know what she escaped and appreciate her luck, will go a long way towards resisting his charms when the inevitable happens and he shows up trying to get back together again"

Micheal is psychic too

_________________
Quote:
Do ever want to just grab someone and say...WTF is wrong with you?


Dream as if you'll live forever...
...Live as if you'll die tomorrow


Vivere Senza Rimpianti


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:38 am 
Offline
Bull Moose
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm
Posts: 7501
Location: Last Western Stop of the Pony Express
Yes, I have many endearing qualities, I'm well read, well spoken, affectionate and kind. Why women can't see past my extra 100 pounds, balding pate, and fits of depression I'll never know.

I'm just happy I got that in before he actually hit you with it.

_________________
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. B. Franklin

"A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone." -- Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:36 pm 
Offline
Irish Princess
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 am
Posts: 3679
Location: My Kingdom Come
Thank you Micheal, truely didn't expect that to ever happen.

_________________
Quote:
Do ever want to just grab someone and say...WTF is wrong with you?


Dream as if you'll live forever...
...Live as if you'll die tomorrow


Vivere Senza Rimpianti


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 2369
Seeing this makes me nostalgic and sad that we lost all the old boards content. I have some from the old ones that i cant do justice without the context or exact wording. I can only remember my own =p

_________________
“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general”. - Mark Rippetoe


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am 
Offline
Home of the Whopper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am
Posts: 6098
Dash, put down what you remember, how you remember it. You might get some help from others who remember it too, and you may spark some interesting awesome old quotes!

_________________
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus of Nazareth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 2369
I'm just gonna put these two before I forget and see how much I can recall later hah

"When the norse are arguing this I wonder if some say "Odin created Ask and Embla not Ask and Svenbla""

"Maybe he meant "lie" like non-truth. Dont lie with men like you lie to women, bros before ho's"

_________________
“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general”. - Mark Rippetoe


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 am 
Offline
Lucky Bastard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:11 am
Posts: 2340
Not all will remember the situation that led up to this, so here is a quick summary:

Someone created a definition on Urban dictionary about Montegue (Monte) and Khross and Elmo were having an argument on why the former thought the latter was the one who created it, though Elmo denied it. This had also somehow caused Monte to get banned also.

Having enough of the ridiculous argument, I came up with this:

Spoiler:
Foamy wrote:
Khross: Did you order the creation of the definition?

Elmo: Do you want answers?

Khross: I think I am entitled.

Elmo: DO YOU WANT ANSWERS?

Khross: I want the truth!

Elmo: You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world with chat rooms, and those chat rooms need to be filled with smartasses. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Farsky? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You weep for Montegue, and you curse the chat rooms administrators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know – that Montegue’s banning, while tragic, probably saved hours of pointless arguing; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, well, continues the hours of pointless arguing.

You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me in those chat rooms – you need me in those chat rooms.

We use words like “ad hominem”, “strawman” and “slippery slope.” We use these words as the backbone of a life of pointless arguments. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who reads and responds to the very posts I make and then questions the manner in which I make them. I would rather you just said, “I agree” and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and make a counterargument. Either way, I don’t give a DAMN what you think you’re entitled to!

Khross: Did you order the creation of the definition?

Elmo: I did the job I was…

Khross: Did you order the creation of the definition?

Elmo: You’re GODDAMN right I did!!!


I don't recall if this was in 2009, but I thought it deserved a reposting due to it's funnyness.

_________________
This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:37 am 
Offline
I got nothin.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm
Posts: 11160
Location: Arafys, AKA El Müso Guapo!
Someone had posted a news article about something **** up in North Korea.

Arafys: Hmm, I just figured out what's wrong with North Korea...

They have no Seoul.

_________________
Image
Holy shitsnacks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 am 
Offline
Perfect Equilibrium
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 3126
Location: Coffin Corner
They also get no "Busan"

_________________
"It's real, grew up in trife life, the times of white lines
The hype vice, murderous nighttimes and knife fights invite crimes" - Nasir Jones


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 am 
Offline
Home of the Whopper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am
Posts: 6098
Foamy that was hilarious!!!! Hahahaha awesome!

Arafys quote was pretty funny too; I love puns.

_________________
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus of Nazareth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:37 pm 
Offline
The Dancing Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 9279
Location: Ohio
Foamy wrote:
Not all will remember the situation that led up to this, so here is a quick summary:

Someone created a definition on Urban dictionary about Montegue (Monte) and Khross and Elmo were having an argument on why the former thought the latter was the one who created it, though Elmo denied it. This had also somehow caused Monte to get banned also.

Having enough of the ridiculous argument, I came up with this:

Spoiler:
Foamy wrote:
Khross: Did you order the creation of the definition?

Elmo: Do you want answers?

Khross: I think I am entitled.

Elmo: DO YOU WANT ANSWERS?

Khross: I want the truth!

Elmo: You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world with chat rooms, and those chat rooms need to be filled with smartasses. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Farsky? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You weep for Montegue, and you curse the chat rooms administrators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know – that Montegue’s banning, while tragic, probably saved hours of pointless arguing; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, well, continues the hours of pointless arguing.

You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me in those chat rooms – you need me in those chat rooms.

We use words like “ad hominem”, “strawman” and “slippery slope.” We use these words as the backbone of a life of pointless arguments. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who reads and responds to the very posts I make and then questions the manner in which I make them. I would rather you just said, “I agree” and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and make a counterargument. Either way, I don’t give a DAMN what you think you’re entitled to!

Khross: Did you order the creation of the definition?

Elmo: I did the job I was…

Khross: Did you order the creation of the definition?

Elmo: You’re GODDAMN right I did!!!


I don't recall if this was in 2009, but I thought it deserved a reposting due to it's funnyness.


That made me do a spit-take ROFL!

_________________
Quote:
In comic strips the person on the left always speaks first. - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm
Posts: 676
Location: Just Outside West Palm Beach, Fl.
Müs wrote:
Someone had posted a news article about something **** up in North Korea.

Arafys: Hmm, I just figured out what's wrong with North Korea...

They have no Seoul.




Californian Weirdo: Sole has no eyes, sole has no eyes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:40 am
Posts: 4281
Lenas wrote:
Hey man, I've gone years being exempted from every one of Amdee's lists, it's nice to be on one, regardless of reason.


I still haven't. My new years resolution is to try harder this year.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 am 
Offline
Home of the Whopper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am
Posts: 6098
Lenas wrote:
Gotta say, he's got a point. Kirra, you're a badass.

_________________
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus of Nazareth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 am 
Offline
Perfect Equilibrium
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 3126
Location: Coffin Corner
Screeling wrote:
In ____________ face!


Fill in with "your", "his", "her" or "my".

_________________
"It's real, grew up in trife life, the times of white lines
The hype vice, murderous nighttimes and knife fights invite crimes" - Nasir Jones


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group